Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"snaps" from Delhi

I arrived in Delhi on Dec 18th to set up my show with Shelly Jyoti at India Habitat Centre. I haven't had time to take a lot of tourist "snaps" but here are some pictures from my morning commute to and from the gallery.
India Gate
Front gate to the President's house

Getting ready for the 2010 Common Wealth Games
Morning commute in East Delhi





Christmas in Delhi
After we installed our show, we went to a fast food joint by the train station at 1am. Amazing butter chicken. I had real jalabi for the first time. The stuff I get back home just doesn't cut it. I've failed to take food snaps but if you can imagine this, I had the most amzing dosa at Sagar the other night. Khan Market has also been a place we have been frequenting - great kabobs there for the non-veg me.

Shelly Jyoti and I have been getting a bit of press for our new show Indigo. Here I am with a reporter, Vandana Kalra, and a photographer from India Express after one of our interviews.

The New India - sitting in the drawing room at tea time with our laptops (Me, Shelly Jyoti and Pranev Jyoti)
My laundry hanging out to dry

No comments:

Post a Comment