JASC Living Our Culture: Bringing Legacy to LifeThursday, June 12, 2014
Floating World Gallery
1925 North Halsted
6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Valet parking will be available for $12.
For more info call 773.275.0097 x230 or e-mail.
The Board of Directors of the JASC cordially invite you to our annual benefit celebration, Living Our Culture, on Thursday, June 12, 2014.
For this year's fundraiser, we have chosen the theme Bringing Legacy to Life. We have assembled an extraordinary group of artists, activists, teachers and leaders who will share their life's work with you, exemplifying our theme of creating a "living culture."
These special people live the values we cherish through their actions every day. They have taken the gift of knowledge and traditions learned in previous generations and figured out how to make the most of it in their own way, creating works that fully respect the spirit of each era:
- Hyogenryoku (creative expression) – Tatsu Aoki, musician, filmmaker
- Kazoku to Komyunitei family and community) – Alice Murata, Heiwa Terrace and Michael Takada, JASC
- Chuuseishin (loyalty) – Enoch Kanaya and Kolly Takaki, World War II vets; and Col. Robert Hashimoto, USMC
- Kokoro to karada no tsunagari (connection of body and mind) – Doug Tono, Tohkon Judo Academy and Dwight Sora, Chicago Aikido Club
- Shousai ni chuui suru (attention to detail) – Michio Iwao, Nisei wood carver
- Jiko-ninshiki (identity) – Laura Kina, artist and professor
- music by Tatsu Aoki
- appetizers and sushi by Kamehachi
- an array of complimentary beverages
- restaurant certificates, get-aways, sports tickets and memorabilia, artwork and more available in the Silent Auction
- all amidst the beautiful setting of the Floating World Gallery
Tickets are $125 per person.
Only $100 per person when purchasing 5 or more.
Special Young Generation Rate!
The JASC is offering a special rate of $65 a person for individuals 35 and under to attend Living Our Culture.
Living Our Culture reservations may also be purchased at the JASC, 4427 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL 60640 or if paying by MasterCard or VISA, by phone at 773.275.0097.
You can also make reservations or purchase raffle tickets on-line by going to EventBrite.
Place your reservations by mail by May 31, 2014, or by phone or on-line by June 9, 2014.
Tickets will be held at the door.
A portion of your contribution is deductible to the extent provided by the IRS.